Monday, September 10, 2012

Inconceivable


The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
      he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.   Psalm 34:18 NLT

Ever watch the old movie The Princess Bride?  The villain continuously repeats the word "inconceivable" basically because his thinking is so small that he cannot wrap himself around new possibilities that he has never before experienced.

During traumatic times in our lives when events and circumstances hit us right and left we find ourselves thinking "inconceivable".  What will happen next?  How much more can I take?  I seem to have a series of 24 hour pockets of traumatic events.  For instance, one Wednesday evening my (X) husband arrogantly confessed his adultery. A couple hours later I found out my son was busted with a MCA (minor consuming alcohol).  By midnight I found myself in a hotel room with my close friend whose husband just tried to commit suicide and was rushed to the hospital. Lord, how much more?

Yet when I look back during those times of tremendous suffering I find God is so close I can feel a thickness around me.  Angels pressing into me?  He's there to rescue me.  Jesus rescued me that night.  He’s close to all the brokenhearted.  He is close to you, too.  Jesus will never leave you, ever.

I'm willing to walk with You, God, through places dark and difficult.
 Use every hardship and place of suffering to make me more like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment